HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tag prices, Draws, and hunt costs.
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 06:16 PM
DelcoJim

Default RE: Tag prices, Draws, and hunt costs.

As far as taxes go according to
http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxingspending.html

Wyoming, New Mexico, Utah, Montana ,Idaho, Alaska, Kansas, Nebraska, Arizona, Pennsylvania, South Dakota,and North Dakota all take more Federal Money that they give .
As far as I Know Non-residents pay the same state taxes that residents do when they are there , plus contribute more in way of for rental vehicles and Hotels. I would be willing to bet that the License fees are also Taxed
Although residents pay other taxes such as property tax and school taxes not borne by non resident
I hate the idea of paying "ten times more that a resident to hunt a states game", but if they dropped the price too much alot more people would get in on the act and that would be bad thing too. but it does feel as though non residents will not beallowed to hunt the "KINGS Game" unless they pay the Kings ransom.
I think my Home states Nonresidents fees are too high.
"Is it me or the draw areas getting ridiculous to be able to get a tag in?"
Its you , if they let everyone in then you would no longer want to hunt there either Colorado does a nice job with this circumstance as far as i can tell , some hard to get tags for areas and alot of ground for for the masses to find what they may with an off chance of a large animal
"Are we paying much more for hunts than they are worth?(Guided and private land)"
not really , if it was too much you wouldn't go back and they wouldn't still be in that business for long
"What the best deal out there that's close to real hunting and not fenced game?"
for me , so far my best deal is a week deer hunting in the North Woods of Maine ,if you go early in the season you can hunt just about everything but Moose costs me about $650 food ,lodging(log Cabin with wood burning stove and no running water) ,gas and tags, GAS will be going up though