HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i dont understand
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 01:54 PM
dog1
Typical Buck

Default RE: i dont understand

ncwanna,

First of all Alice, this ain't Kansas. Now that we have that strait, some of the TV shows give some good advice, and I did say some. Second, I would bet my left, well arm, by the time you see the bird, he has already seen you. If you went today, did you hear a bird gobbling at daylight, and could you get within 100, 150, or 200 yards of him without being seen, if so, did you set up and start calling from there. If not, try this: Go the next morning, get within hearing distance of where you saw or heard a bird that didn't know you was there today. If you don't think you can work him in, don't bother with him, come back the next morning, set up pretty close to where he was, set up an hour before daylight, wait til he gobbles and then try working him.

Some things to check, are you wearing a face mask, camo gloves, hat and clothes. Check your gun, does it shine, if so you may want to put camo tape or a cover on it. One thing that has given me a way more than one time, is my eye glasses. I have to sometimes hold my stock a little high to hide my glasses till I can make the shot. You may want to use a blind, I carry a home made one with me sometimes. Try using two different calls at the same time or as close to it as you can.

These are a few things to try and check, others will have suggestions just as good or better, try them, and good luck.

dog1