HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bare shaft tuning
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2004, 05:28 PM
WA Shooter

Default RE: Bare shaft tuning

JOE PA,
I've got the Patriot. I love the bow, but I put a Schaffer overdraw/rest on it with prongs like a TM, and I am getting a consistantly left tear in paper. I was only shooting bare shafts to determine if I was way off on my arrow spine. I'm shooting 72# with a 2413 at 26.25". I have a timing issue to correct, and I had put a Sims cable slide on it, but I don't like it, I think it pulls the cables alot further away from the string and puts undue stress on the idler wheel and top limb. We had to untwist my harness a little to correct the top limb, it was twisted a bit.
BowTech informed me that center shot on this bow is 13/16" from the riser, when I set it up for center shot, I still get the left tear, JOE PA, did you find that your '01 shot outside of center? I've tried everything to correct the tear and have had no luck. I have read in a few places that if you have a left tear you should move the rest towards the riser, this seems backwards to me. Easton says right, NAP says left, either way I'm not getting it to correct.