HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question - locator calls
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2004, 06:21 PM
spitndrum

Default RE: Question - locator calls

crow call...i use it from around 9-11 in the morning...works pretty good if they are preoccupied. I actaulyl just got the gobbler call...i believe myne was the twister gobbler....it has a twisting silencing cap on it. As far as realistic....well when i first took it out...i was like...damn i got ripped off. but that was in my house...it sounds a whole different wheny oua re in the woods. Also...try placing a finger over the end in a couple different ways to find the best sound. I wouldnt use it if a bird were close because i dont think it sounds that realistic...but as a locator...im sure it sounds fine from the distance the birds will be at. I actually was hunting two toms that were pissing me off this past weekend so i was like what the hell...ill give this thing a try.... After calling there birds for about 20 minutes with my slate, box, diaphram, push button...everything i had. i thought...maybe if i give an aggressive hen clucks then that gobbler call (the call sounds like it could be an immature jake since it sounds a little funny) anyways...i did the hen call and then shook the tube right after ward and sure enough i got two gobbles. So i am looking forward to using it a little mroe this weekend...hope that helps...