HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for turk's and guess what I found?
Old 04-17-2004, 10:35 AM
ampahunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for turk's and guess what I found?

John--wooh, the season opens Monday, April 26th and NOT next Friday--please don't venture out there next Friday with you bow--you'll be jumping the season!!
As for the buck--not all bucks would visit the same rub year after year, some do--some don't. IMO. I've hunted over rub lines and never saw the buck during the hunt hours, yet he would show up on the camera after I've left my stand at various hours during the night.
What you've found there are 'signs' that a buck is in the area. There's no harm in setting up a stand there, but be careful with a ground blind--that's a bit more technical to set up and can fumigate the area more than you would like. Try and find his trails in and out of the area and set up at least two stand location so you could hunt the wind, don't hang out in the area the buck seems comfortable in, as you 'will' force him to vacate and change his habits.
Look for a pattern, we all have them, give him his space--let 'him' make the mistake--it becomes a hide and go seek--you've see him (signs)-- he can 'smell you' --now the hunt begins!!!