HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A challenge to the Alt naysayers
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 09:17 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A challenge to the Alt naysayers

Nope.I'm sorry but your wrong.There are ton's of studies about the regeneration of oaks that clearly state that oak can regenerate at much higher deer densities.Now I'm not talking about having 60+ dpsm.However,having less than 15 dpsm isn't the answer either.I don't claim to be anexpert but I've done alot of research on this.I'm also working on a project that includes foresters from dcnr and professors from Penn state.Everyone including myself agree that too many deer is detrimental.However,there are many other things to consider.Come up here and look at the enclosures.Even the dcnr forester admit that in order to get adequate regeneration insude the fences,they need to spread lime and spray herbasides.You are wrong if you think the forests will magically recover if the herd is reduced to below 15 dpsm.You'r also wrong if you think there will be more and bigger bucks once that goals is reached. ,I've asked you several times how you expect that to happen but you've still never answered.