HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dogs Chasing Deer
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 12:07 AM
py_archer

Default RE: Dogs Chasing Deer

Something to think about.
Good point wvvet. One does need to be aware of any legal ramification's. Where I hunt the law states as follows;

ยง 959.02. Injuring animals.

No person shall maliciously, or willfully, and without the consent of the owner, kill or injure a horse, mare, foal, filly, jack, mule, sheep, goat, cow, steer, bull, heifer, ******, ox, swine, dog, cat, or other domestic animal that is the property of another. This section does not apply to a licensed veterinarian acting in an official capacity.

If the dog is not wearing a collar how would I know that it's not wild and "is the property of another"?
Remember no one AND I MEAN NO ONE can tell whether a dog is feral or not just by looking at it. You may suspect, but you could never be 100% sure.
I rest my case.

I shoot wild dogs bobcat 10. If somebody was coon hunting I would not be in the woods as it would more than likely be dark outside. That is a fine looking dog in your pic and I notice you have a collar on her like any responsible pet owner would. I would recognize her as a gundog instantly. I have seen coydogs but never shot at one.