HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DEC has it figured out!!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 10:16 AM
atlasman

Default RE: DEC has it figured out!!

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

Me and 99% of the other hunters out there
99%? I must live and hunt with all the ones that make up the other 1% - Southern Cayuga county around Moravia on the east side of Owasco Lake. Had no problem filling 5 tags and passing on many, many more. Hunting small private parcels that have several other hunters with permission. Bordering a state forest that has heavy archery pressure and gets pounded the 1st week and most of gun and even muzzloader.

In the last week, while driving my area at dusk and dawn, have seen good numbers of deer in the fields. Most of my friends and other hunters had similar success in harvesting the venison they desired. Not saying the DEC is right or perfect - just that different areas and observations do exsist. And 99% may be a little off.

Steve

I hunted moravia 3-4 days with my two brothers last year..........my oldest brother saw a spiker out of bow range and that was it. Nice place though. Didn't see any other archery hunters any of the days we hunted. Saw a couple of gun hunters one day with tree pruners cutting "shooting lanes" []