HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DEC has it figured out!!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 10:03 AM
osiris

Default RE: DEC has it figured out!!

atlas-

You make some pretty valid points. I still tend to disagree with some of your logic. However, I know for a fact that DEC is teeter-tottering on several issues and just waiting to hear some hunter feed back. As I have said before, we are fortunate enough to have several agencies within this state, that hunters in other areas would die for. Moreover, if you have somehting to tell the DEC regarding your hunting experiences then I encourage you to do so and as often as possible.

Also, the DEC has stated that this year the deer population in NY is stable or slightly on the decline as they had hoped for. In most areas they have reached desirable levels for the habitat and we should be seeing a few less DMP this year in some places. Hopefully, this will ease your mind a little.

Lastly, to state the 99% of the hunters in this state are dis-satified is a littel bit of an overstatement, would you agree? I do not personally know one person who is dissatisifed with the current system of managment. However, I do hear several people on-line who have some issues with what is transpiring. I believe thse sediments are highly regional, however.

I have one last question for you: What part of the state do you hunt and do you hunt public or private land primarily?

Thanks. TGK