HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PGC just released, Alt resigns!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 08:19 PM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PGC just released, Alt resigns!!!

That's all good and fun but I've yet to see one person rebut one thing with facts.No one has yet to answer any of my questions either.
1.Again,will someone please tell me how Alt can claim the herd has not been reduced when he stated we had an 8% decrease in the herd in 2001 followed by two record antlerless harvests?
2.Explain with facts and data to support those facts ,how we will have more and bigger bucks once we reach Alt's deer density goals of less than 15 dpsm.
3.Please clue me in on how the b/d ratio can be 1/5 as Alt claimed when I heard him speak?I can prove that's simply impossible.
4.Please explain to me why most of the enclosures near my house look no better inside than out.
5.Please explain why the wmu's were expanded to their present size.
6.Please explain why little has been done to reduce the huge herd of deer in the sra's and in some of our agricultural areas.Why have the biggest antlerless allocations gone to areas such as 2g which have overwintered less than 15 dpsm since 1998.
7.Last,explain why the herd needs to be reduced 50% less than the lands true carrying capacity.
I'm not asking these questions to start an argument.These are all questions that Alt has yet to answer.Every sportsman in the state has a right to know these answers.I hunt in an area that is still 3 times above Alt's deer density goals.There are a significant amount of larger bucks in this area.The problem is,access is restricted in this area and the allocations haven't been increased enough to approach Alt's deer density goals.The deer herd has at least remained stable and more bucks have been saved.From this vantage point,it seems like a great plan but due to the herd not being reduced,it's actually a failure.Once the deer density goals are met in this area,all of Alt's claims will prove he's a liar.How do I know this?I also live and hunt in the only area of the state which has reached Alt's dd goals.I guarantee you,there are less big bucks and less bucks overall.The hunting is the worse than it's ever been.I see it from both sides fellas.If you really support Alt,you must be able to answer those questions.You also must be willing to cut your herd down to below 15 dpsm.Are you willing or able to do any of them?