HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - opinions of the whisker biscuit?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 11:13 AM
CBM SC

Default RE: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Texas ......to me ......if I wanted constructive information......I wouldn't start off by saying that " they don't seem right" and I'm not going to use one ! Kinda one of those statements that put's people on the defensive from the start !

What is the point of me sitting here posting a bunch of information on here for you .......if you start up front by saying that you have no intenetion of using one !

But for arguements sake........

Yes I have tried several ! Currently I have a Deluxe Quick Shot with the B2 bristles ! Set up was very easy .....as has been with my others ! I shot feathers for the last few years but switched to vanes this year ! I have not had any ill effects with my fletchings ! But I fletch my own.....I do know someone that had trouble with some fletched at a shop ! Right now I'm using Bohning vanes on Easton Axis arrows with a mild helical ....probably 3-4 degrees ! They have shown no wear and the only negative I can think of .....is they get small dark streaks from the bristles on them ! Paper tuning is good......group tuning is good......broadhead flight is right on with my field points !

I haven't ever bothered trimming any of mine and haven't really seen any reason to ! Speed loss on my originals were chrono's at 5 fps several different times ! The new B2 bristle model supposedly lose 3 fps .....although I haven't chrono'd since changed to the B2 !

Accuracy........nock busted at 20 yrds.....less than 2" at 30 .....and continuing out to 65 yrds I'm maintaining average groups of around 4-5 " !! I shot my first 3D course in years the other day and put all my shots in the vitals from the longest yrd stakes ! As good as I could ask for !!

Take that for what you want !