HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Tribute to My Mentor......My Dad
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 09:09 PM
ridgerunner21

Default RE: A Tribute to My Mentor......My Dad

That was a great story. It made me think, I guess I take the time I have with my dad now for granted. He taught me everything I know about hunting and fishing. You can definitely tell this with my fishing, because my dad is left handed and I am right handed, but when I was 4 or 5 years old he always took me fishing and he showed me how to cast. Well now I can only cast left handed, I can't even get my bait close to where I want to if I do it right handed. Anyway, me and my dad have had alot of special times in the woods together. My first deer, squirrel huntin, trout fishin, turkey huntin, grouse huntin, pheasant huntin, scouting, we both got our first elks in CO in 2000. My dad was more excited about me getting mine, he even got all chocked up and cried a little and said"good job, bud", I felt like he was so proud of me on that day. I just can't wait till the day that I have kids and teach them everything my dad has taught me and get to be there for all of the firsts, I know it will be the best feeling in the world. After reading this story I am now not going to take all of those times for granted like I have been. Once again thanks for the story.