HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Tech shooters help me decide
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 07:32 AM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bow Tech shooters help me decide

I own a MM VFT and recently had the chance to really handle the Justice. Here is my take on your situation. If you have a shorter draw length and would like to continue to use expandable heads then I would probably do two things. One, I would go with the MM VFT as its cam generates more KE which is needed for those expandables. I would also suggest keeping your choice of expandable to one that has a cutting diameter under 1.5 inches. These size heads generally require less KE to open.

Now, if you have an average draw length, 29 inches, and you will be shooting at an average draw weight....60-70 lbs then I see no reason why you could not also go with the Justice and continue to use an expandable broadhead. Any combination of what I mentioned above should allow the Justice to generate enough KE to use an expandable effectively provided shot placement is there and your bow is tuned.

I do think you are limiting yourself somewhat by forcing your decision based on a broadhead style. If I could throw everything else out the window then I would generally recommend the Justice as its smoother drawing cam usually appeals to more hunters.

Hope this helps.