Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bow Tech shooters help me decide >

Bow Tech shooters help me decide

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow Tech shooters help me decide

Old 04-01-2004, 07:16 AM

Default Bow Tech shooters help me decide

I am looking at the new Mighty Might and the Justice I like the speed of the mighty might but the just may be smoother I only hunt with my bow no 3D or anything like that I just like shooting in my back yard I also use mechanical broadheads and I dont know if the justice is a fast enough shooting bow to use then effectivly. I sold my patriot and loved it just wanted something new any suggestions Forgot to mention I have a short draw 27in
thanks
Old 04-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bow Tech shooters help me decide

I own a MM VFT and recently had the chance to really handle the Justice. Here is my take on your situation. If you have a shorter draw length and would like to continue to use expandable heads then I would probably do two things. One, I would go with the MM VFT as its cam generates more KE which is needed for those expandables. I would also suggest keeping your choice of expandable to one that has a cutting diameter under 1.5 inches. These size heads generally require less KE to open.

Now, if you have an average draw length, 29 inches, and you will be shooting at an average draw weight....60-70 lbs then I see no reason why you could not also go with the Justice and continue to use an expandable broadhead. Any combination of what I mentioned above should allow the Justice to generate enough KE to use an expandable effectively provided shot placement is there and your bow is tuned.

I do think you are limiting yourself somewhat by forcing your decision based on a broadhead style. If I could throw everything else out the window then I would generally recommend the Justice as its smoother drawing cam usually appeals to more hunters.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

My opinion is that the Justice is maybe a little more comfortable to shoot than the Mighty Mite and may be smoother to draw ,but as for shooting broadheads it won't matter the Justice will shoot them just fine so don't let that sway your decision. The Mighty Mite is a shorter ATA bow and will also be great for confined area's, but has a long brace so as to be a little easier to shoot than other short axle bow's The only real difference here would be the edge going to the Mighty Mite would be the speed .Both bow's would be a good choice .I'd go with the one that you feel more comfortable with . Either choice I don't think you can go wrong.

nubo
Old 04-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got to spend some time shooting both bows. I came to like the Justice better. The MM is noticeably faster, and I like that. But I just prefered the way the Justice shot, for me. I didn't notice any real difference in noise, vibration, or recoil. It was purely personal preference, I think motivated by the smoooth draw of the F cam.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:58 AM

Personally with a short draw I would go with the MM for the extra speed. Both bows are great though. You can't go wrong.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a 60# justice maxed out at 63# and beleive I could put any smaller mech head
through a deer out to 30yrds. The draw is smooth and easy at 63 on the justice.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:21 AM

Thanks for your opinions I appreciate them WOW what a tough decision
Old 04-01-2004, 10:53 AM

Maybe even look at the BlackHawk which looks to be only about 5 fps slower than the MM and 10 fps faster than the Justice. The BlackHawk has an 8 inch brace and is very light weight at 2 pounds and 13 ounces. Retail is $499.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:21 PM

I went with the MM for the speed. I did not notice that much diffence in the smoothness of the two bows. The good thing is that no matter which one you get you are getting a great bow from a great company!!!!