HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is a good score on a ASA 3-D course ?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:57 AM
GVDocHoliday

Default RE: What is a good score on a ASA 3-D course ?

I just shot a 300 even on a 30 round asa course this weekend. I would have shot up had my string loop not snapped on a 23 yard gimme shot. Ended up with a fat goose egg and missed out on first place by one point. 301 took the first place money. But I won't complain too much about second. It's the dangdest thing too...the string itself didn't break, but the melt on the end literally popped off. I had it tied back on in 30 seconds and one of the guys in my group had a lighter and I drilled a 12 on the next target. Funny thing is, everyone was saying how they would have been gun shy so to speak of shooting a bow after the loop snapped, but I have shot over 20,000 arrows with a loop and that was the first time I ever had one fail. In that time period the limbs have failed on me more than anything else.

All I know is, if I was shooting an IBO course I would have still shot up. With ASA I only aim for the 10 ring...hitting the 12 is just a luck thing for me...and I was drilling the center of the 10 ring everytime. This is with my hunting rig...concept99 bow, spot hogg real deal sight, 8 inch NAP shockblocker stabilizer, and a GKF infiniti arrow rest, and CXL 250 selects with 75 grain screw in points.