HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - is it me
Thread: is it me
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: is it me

Your eye is looking at the target on a straight line. The arrow is below your eye. So, you have to aim the arrow UP in order for it to hit where you're looking. The further the arrow is below your eye, the more of an upward angle your arrow has to be launched.

Apparently you have a low anchor, maybe below your jaw. So the setting for your 10 yard pin (I've never seen the point in having a 10 yard pin, by the way) puts the arrow in the target while it's still on the upslope of your trajectory. At 20 yards, you trajectory is probably at about it's peak. Somewhere beyond 20, the arrow will start the downslope of your trajectory and hit dead on, probably somewhere around 25-27 yards. You can find out where it comes back on the dot by trial and error, shooting a couple of arrows each at 2 yard increments beyond 20.

Not a bad sight setup for a hunting bow as long as your bow has enough sight window to let you see the pin.

Anyway, that's the effect of sight parallax, the thing oaktree is talking about.