HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

you mite have to get on a list to hunt the mirage because repeat customers get first pick so keep on them because dates could open up. i was on a list after my first year fiasco with donat and they never called me back but when i called them they had a couple openings. i went with donat the second time only because they offered a low price after taking my money the first time. i would recommend from thanksgiving week till xmas if you want a good chance of caribou being in hunting range of the camp. horns start falling off in december the later you go. YOU WONT NEED A GUIDE JUST FIND A GOOD CROSSING WHERE THEY TELL YOU TO GO AND SIT ON IT ALL DAY.IF YOU WANT SA GOOD BULL DONT SHOOT THE FIRST ONE YOU SEE AND DONT GO RUNNING AFTER THEM BECAUSE THEY CAN WALK FASTER THAN YOU CAN RUN. you can rent snowmobiles to get the game back to your truck . usuaully someone has one in the area you can tip to bring your caribou out or you could bring a plastic big tobogan. many will hunt in the same area but you can find your own little hot spot while others are sitting in there trucks. something interesting i have to tell you is that if there are no caribou in the area they will offer to helicopter you or your group out to the herds . they have there own unlike the other camps! many think this is not hunting but i would have like to see and experience what the big migration looks like. you still have to stalk and pick an animal so its not exactly fish in a barrel but it will give you 100% oppertunity if there is no chance of the animals being near camp . they were charging an extra 150$ each for that service. there is a list for that also so if your heading up there and the reports are saying no caribou i would put my name on the list so when you arrive in camp you can decide if you still want to go.the one thing great about the mirage is that you can call them and get someone on the phone all the time so there is no games being played. you can go before thanks giving but you may need to charter a flight from them to get to the caribou for more money. ALL THIS TALK IS GETTING ME IN THE MOOD TO BOOK AGAIN GOOD LUCK!