HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you be disappointed?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Stump_MN_Hunter

Default RE: Would you be disappointed?

Skeeter,

I think it would be safe to say that every hunter would absolutely love to hunt land as they say "where the Buffalo roam". That would be awesome!! Land that has been "untouched" by nothing other than nature itself. Where animals have never seen anyone before. I'd like to experience that type of hunting sometime in my life. Don't think it would ever happen, but there's always hope. Urban sprawl has been hitting my/our hunting land since I was a kid and beyond. I wish there is something that could be done about it. But unless you have some big time $$, there's nothing you can other than watch what used to be a good deer woods...whacked and watch 20 houses being built where it once stood. Hunting around houses, IMO, doesn't really take away anything about "hunting" from me. Of course, that's really the only hunting I know. But those city folk don't really get going until around 9:00 on Saturday mornings and by then, I've had a solid 3-4 nice quiet hours in my stand. LOL Although it does open up some hunting opportunities. City folk move down and think ohhhh all those deer and turkeys are cute and they love having them around. That's what they moved down there for. And then when the deer starting taking out all of those lovely flowers and everything in the garden, the wife wants them gone. And that's where I come in. I usually wait a year or two after they have moved in and then start asking for permission. LOL

Good hunting...