HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you be disappointed?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Stump_MN_Hunter

Default Would you be disappointed?

ELKampMaster's thread got me thinking. To comment on his post for one second, I think that the majority of people would pick a hunt that they don't have the opportunity to do right out in their back yard. For example...I think that the reason for people to pick let's say moose, is because the majority of us don't live in Alaska where probably the biggest ones are and can't probably ever afford that type of hunt. Your most likely going to pick a hunt that you haven't or will never have an opportunity to go on. Just my thoughts.

Ok, now to my point. I would guess(because I don't know many of you) that a lot of you guys are used to hunting in the mountains, huge valleys, calling game from a very long distance, putting the stalk on game 2 miles away, maybe a little longer distance shooting senarios, used to a very large tracts of land to hunt without seeing another person for days etc.... type of hunting. I'm assuming these really only because this is the Biggamehunting site. LOL Me and many others? Are used to hunting 3-40 acre parcels of land/woods where you hear cars driving by, dogs barking, only can deer hunt with a shotgun, shooting distances of 10-maybe 100 yards, running into other hunters quite often and sometimes people talking(I bow hunt next to a golf course). Now here's the kicker......What if we took the the 1st type of hunters and transplanted them with the 2nd type of hunters for a couple seasons or for life?? Huh? Who would be more disappointed or maybe more discouraged in the different types of hunting? What do you think? I just wanted to toss this out into the camp fire discussion. And to throw out maybe a different spin on hunting and hunting practices as a whole. Or maybe I'm "on" something too...Who knows?