HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?
Old 03-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Extreme Shot

Default RE: what is your funniest thing that happened in the woods?

I got up in my tree, pulled my camcorder out of the ziplock bag, set everything up, and then settled in for what I hope would be a productive day. It was a particularly cold day and I started getting cold pretty quick.

As it usually goes, no matter how many times I go to the bathroom before I get in the tree, I always have to go while in the stand. Realizing I was going to have to move quick to stay warm, I reached for the Gatorade bottle that was usually in my pack. However, I couldn't find the bottle!! By now I really had to go but I didn't want to leave my great spot. Peeing over the side wasn't an option either so I started fumbling through my pack to see if there was anything else in there to pee into. Then I ran across the ziplock bag that my camcorder was originally in. That would have to do!

So as I am peeing into the ziplock bag, I start hearing something like rain and I realize there's a dang hole in the bag and a stream of steaming pee is hitting my leg. Then just as luck would have it, I hear something that turns out to be a doe coming my direction from out of the woods. Dang! I have everything hanging out and a ziplock bag full of pee that is leaking all over the place. What the heck am I going to do? All I could think of was to try to sit the bag of pee between two limbs and then hope I could get my bow and a shot off. With my barn door open and Stanley starting to get frostbite, I slowly reached for my bow. But then I hear a splash sound like a water balloon and realized that the bag of pee fell. The doe ran off.

It really wasn't funny at the time!

Darren