HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech Birth Certificates
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 11:49 AM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Birth Certificates

I saw then new " birth certificates" when I went to shoot/order my Patriot vft. I like the look of the new BC's, only problem was- quality control.

As I looked up and down the rack I noticed some of the birth certificates were on the "wrong bow" a justice BC on an samson VFT etc. There were at least 3 this way. On some bows they were missing and on one Justice's tag it didn't even list the speed!! The first 2 o3 three lines were filled in and the last 2 were blank. When I questioned the shop owner on it he said "that's the way they come".
What was a true slap in the face is on the otherside of this "birth cirtificate" it brags about the bow going through 73 different inspections. Out of 73 inspections you would figure someone would noticed the wrong tag, or a tag that was incomplete![]

What gives?

Aside from that some of the draw stop pegs were all they way out. I guess they might ship that way, but for someone test drawing the bow (with permission of course) it doesn't do the bow justice if you overdraw the cam into a mushy wall.
And if they do ship that way, HOW WERE the speeds obtained for the BC? Was the bow shot through the chrony at a specific draw as stated with the draw stop peg all the way on the "L" setting??
I"M BEGINNING TO SMELL A FISH!!

Could someone reasure me on this?