Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Birth Certificates >

Bowtech Birth Certificates

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Birth Certificates

Old 02-29-2004, 10:04 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Birth Certificates

My MM's bc was 29",71#'s,311fps.
Old 03-01-2004, 04:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

My MM's BC was 71.3# 30" 315 fps with the hush kit installed ofcourse.

DaveC,

Something else to consider is that the birth certificates have changed somewhat this year. They were just slips of paper in the past...yes, easily copied or just duplicated. Now it would be a bit more difficult as they are on small, folded "card paper" that has extensive coloration/the Bowtech Logo-catch phrase on one side and the specific testing info on the other. Still possible but a bit more tricky unless the shop owner had a stash of blank ones in the back room....
Old 03-01-2004, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dave C, I hear that.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

PAbowhunter, that's more like it. I'm glad they upgraded (maybe somebody read my rant last year on this topic?[:-]).
Thanks for setting me straight!
Old 03-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 AM

Any chance those were Justice bows instead of MMs?
Old 03-01-2004, 12:23 PM

You CAN get varying speeds between 'identical' bows. Some of the factors that make this so are; string and cable lengths and their % of variation from the standard (the people who make these are not always the same individual), hysteresis (or drag coefficient in the axles/cams), and how hard the shooter pulls to the wall. There is more to it, but these are the basics.

Yes, it is possible.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:47 PM

Yes it is possible, not probable, but possible. You can't make em perfect. Generally you are right though, about the draw lengths.
Old 03-03-2004, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw then new " birth certificates" when I went to shoot/order my Patriot vft. I like the look of the new BC's, only problem was- quality control.

As I looked up and down the rack I noticed some of the birth certificates were on the "wrong bow" a justice BC on an samson VFT etc. There were at least 3 this way. On some bows they were missing and on one Justice's tag it didn't even list the speed!! The first 2 o3 three lines were filled in and the last 2 were blank. When I questioned the shop owner on it he said "that's the way they come".
What was a true slap in the face is on the otherside of this "birth cirtificate" it brags about the bow going through 73 different inspections. Out of 73 inspections you would figure someone would noticed the wrong tag, or a tag that was incomplete![]

What gives?

Aside from that some of the draw stop pegs were all they way out. I guess they might ship that way, but for someone test drawing the bow (with permission of course) it doesn't do the bow justice if you overdraw the cam into a mushy wall.
And if they do ship that way, HOW WERE the speeds obtained for the BC? Was the bow shot through the chrony at a specific draw as stated with the draw stop peg all the way on the "L" setting??
I"M BEGINNING TO SMELL A FISH!!

Could someone reasure me on this?
Old 03-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who knows. The shops I've seen the BowTechs in around me (three), all have the BCs on the right bows. The downside as I see it, is with the tags hanging on the bows, anyone can mess with them that chooses to. I suspect people shooting the bows are moving the stops, to see what difference it makes. Or shop employees are playing with them to see how they change the draw. Playing around with things is the only way to see how they really work, or what affect they have on how things work. Shop employees should play around with the new stuff so they're better able to answer questions. If you don't know how it works, how can you answer questions accurately and completely?