HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Want to start reloading
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 02:11 PM
polack

Default RE: Want to start reloading

I have both single stage and progressive presses, RCBS rockchucker, Dillon 550b, Lee 5stage progressive. First of all it's how much money you want to spend on a new hobby that should dictate which type of press you want to get. Now if money was not a problem I would go with the Dillon 550b, this press could be used as a single stage press if you should want it. Now if money does enter into the formula RCBS rockchucker is my choice of single stage presses. I do like RCBS products because they back up their items with a solid warrenty. When it comes to dies RCBS and Redding make quality dies that are backed up by the company. As you go from the early stages of reloading you will find that there are some things that will not only make the job easier to do, but also much safer. So by the time it's all said and done you will find that you will have a tidy little sum invested. Is it worth it, I think it is because of the satisfaction that you made the bullet vs. buying it, and if you end up shooting quite a bit you definitely will save some money.
Polack