HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot the Outback today.
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Buckfevr
Fork Horn

Default Shot the Outback today.

I shot the Outback today. I was blown away by how silent and vibration free this bow is. I heard and felt nothing. I mean nothing!!! The draw was very smooth and I'm sure that I could easily draw more weight with this bow. I didn't chrono it but speed wise it seemed similar to my FX. With a stab it was top heavy, without a stab it balanced real nice. The valley was narrow but with that smooth a draw I didn't see it as a problem at 80% letoff. Could be a problem at 65%.

2 negatives 1. The mass weight. Not that the bow was too heavy but that it is heavy up front. It didn't want to hold for me. At 20 yards it was a half inch group vertically and a 3 inch group horizontally, I'm not saying I can't get used to it but it is not the feel that I like. 2. It's not that compact. The riser is huge and while the ATA is short the bow takes up a lot of space. My FX just about fits inside of the Outback. I'm going to go back and shoot the bows side by side. But I left wishing that they had made an FX with that smooth a draw, that quiet and shock free, basically a shorter version of the Classic.

And I'm not knocking this bow, I doubt that you can get much better in terms of parallel limb type bows, but does everyone prefer that kind of a bow? Maybe I'm just not used to it.