HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need an extra day for IBO World
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 07:27 AM
IMN23D
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need an extra day for IBO World

Well, here's my input. As far as lodging, the 4th night is free. Meals, although the restaurants are very expensive, over half of the rooms have kitchens. The food is relatively inexpensive when you bring your own. As far as having the extra day on Monday as the shoot off... only about 10% of the people make the shoot off..... so 90% of the people won't have to call off work on Monday. Not the great numbers some are talking about. If I had a chance to be in the shoot off, taking off work would not be a problem. But, as it stands now, if money is tight (as it is for many) you could leave on Friday after you shoot if your not in the shootoff. Different location? The IBO has said many times, it is willing to go anywhere. There are certain logistics involved with such a large number of people. Nobody else is willing to step up to the plate. If you know of any, pass them along. They will be investigated. But, remember the IBO is still locked into a contract for 2 more years. As far as the fiasco of last year..... I was ticked off. Very ticked off. Still am. But, after all the discussion back and forth, I will make it back one more time. It sounds like the IBO is trying to make alternate plans (which should have been done two years ago). On the other hand, if they screw things up as bad again, I will not be back.
Just my thoughts.