HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Handgunners check in
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 04:05 AM
akbound

Default RE: Handgunners check in

Hi Nomercy,

Looks like a couple of feathers got ruffled!

As of last count, I'm currently a little light in the handgun department. (Semi-retired, process of moving to Alaska, and in general preoccupied with other issues.)

Taurus 9422SS, 4" Barrel, SS, .22LR
S&W 642 Airlight, 1 7/8" Barrel, .38 Special
S&W 649 Bodyguard, 2 1/8" Barrel, SS, .357 Magnum
S&W 66 Ladysmith, 3" Barrel, SS, .357 Magnum
Kel-Tec P32, .32 ACP
Kel-Tec P3AT, .380 ACP
Taurus PT92AF, 9mm
CZ 100, .40 S&W
Ruger P94, SS, .40 S&W
Para-Ordinance P-12, .45 ACP

As you can see.....nothing there specifically tailored for hunting other than the Taurus 9422. A nice double action .22LR with a 4" barrel, stainless steel....about the same frame size as a S&W J Frame. (Like the "kitgun".) It's equipped with adjustable sights and makes a fine small game revolver...as well as double duty for a quick finisher. Currently living in Pennsylvania.....and not having had the outdoor time I would have liked to.....I traded off some other handguns more suited specifically for medium game hunting. Though either of the Smith revolvers above, chambered in .357 Magnum make fair trail companions.....for 90 percent of anything you'd need done in this state. When we complete our move back to Alaska we will be adding some "heavy" caliber revolvers specifically with big bear in mind. (Several starting with the little Taurus in .41 Magnum.....already mentioned above......and probably ending with another Taurus Raging Bull 5" barrel in either .480 Ruger.....or .454 Casull. Though there well may be a .44 Magnum or two......S&W Model 29 or 629, maybe the Mountain Gun.......and if possible a Ruger Redhawk with a 5 1/2" barrel.) Plus maybe a couple of Ruger Vaquero's and/or Blackhawks....(just because I really like them)!

At various times throughout my life, I've used any number of other handguns in the outdoors. Heaven only knows how many I've traded, sold, bought, given to relatives or friends.....over the years. But most of them have been enjoyable companions....and a few....have been special! (As only a handgunner can know!)

Dave