HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gold Tip Gladiator
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gold Tip Gladiator

...Hmmm what is that rumbling noise I hear on the horizon?... Sounds much like the clamor or war []....

All that aside I will respond to essence of the post. I am not a big fan of the Gladiator head (loved the movie however [:-]). I don't care for a their "poly" ferrule. I realize it is shielded by a metal alloy but I see it as a potential problem. Not a strength issue in my opinion but an alignment issue. I have had some that regardless of what I did I couldn't get them to spin true which could be related to the "poly" to metal fit in their manufacturing process.

I must admit however the one buck that I took with one the results were excellent. The angle was sharper than it appeared entering the front side of the right flank and exiting out the front of the chest. In other words, except for the hind quarters it passed through the entire length of the buck (200+ lbs.). Nice holes, decent blood trail for approximately a 50 yard run and the head was intact.

Good result but I like some other heads better just because I feel they are made better. But on the other hand what do I know, my favorite color is camouflage .