HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - would you take a chance on this hunt? informal poll 4u
Old 02-04-2004, 08:27 AM
vtbuckrulrss
Fork Horn

Default would you take a chance on this hunt? informal poll 4u

Just looking for some opinions on this.. I have always wanted to guide, for most anything. Usually, I can put someone on the game they wish to go for, it may not always be a trophy, but it will be the animal/fish they are after. Having said this, I have taken a Maine guide and his son turkey hunting for the past two years, they have harvested one jake, blown chances on others. ( one was a beautiful, 10"+ tom, king of his hill) Very, very rarely do I not find them, and friends, game. He has been hunting in N.Y. for birds in the past, and when asked, said that my hunt blew the established guide away, even though they didn't always harvest a bird hunting with me. Now, I don't call for him, just provide the location/birds, maybe an occasional call I guess, but usually I let him do that so if he blows up the calling, it's his fault, not mine. Now, just an informal poll, how many of you would/have done hunts like this before, and what did it cost/ what would you pay, per day( he stayed with me, we used my vehicle, but would not let someone else stay with me, two kids now)