HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for best Whitetail Outfitter...
Old 02-02-2004, 02:51 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking for best Whitetail Outfitter...

Hiawatha, I don't doubt you have lots wanting a piece of your heaven, like I said the forest fringe areas always produce large numbers due to what the area offer to deer. The area your in has a high density of whitetails couple that with the good eats and the safety zones it will all equal good hunting opps for mature whitetails. I certainly will not argue as I hate to hunt in the south during rifle season as well, to many road hunters that don't know how to really hunt deer and just educate them. Not only that I never quite feel safe with all the trigger happy good ole boys out for a drive. Probably how the guys who come up your way feel! That being said it does have some top quality bucks living in it and while the sightings of good bucks might be lower than other areas, those who put on some boot miles will tell you that some true hawgs live a long ways from the bush in this province. I prefer hunting the forest fringe myself come november, as it offers everything the deer and myself want. For bow and muzzy I spend a great deal of time tropping the flat lands not to far from Saskatoon in areas that many just keeping driving and have seen plenty of big deer both body and rack size.