HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Adcock vs Horne Combo longbow ......
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2002, 07:46 AM
stealthycat
Nontypical Buck

Default Adcock vs Horne Combo longbow ......

I bought a Horne Combo with longbow limbs last week. Thought I'd let ya'll know my personal opinion of it.

Its a beautiful bow, cocobolo riser with purple heart strips and the limbs are maple core with bocote veneers. Beautiful, but the finish is just a little less than the Adcocks (but still darn nice). The grip is fantastic, best I have ever had in my little hands.

How does it shoot ? It is 1# heavier than my Adcock, yet feels 5# heavier during the draw. Whether its marked wrong or not, I dunno, thats just the way it felt. It has a touch of hand shock, more so than the Adcock, probably because of less mass in the riser. It does shoot though, darn well - very pointable, and quiet too.

Overall, a darn good longbow, I like it. However, the Adcock is smoother (maybe the tonkin cane limbs ??)and sweeter and once again beats the competition - Horne longbow for sale .I have about decided that Adcock Longbows Rule, but will that keep me from buying another longbow to try ? I doubt it, I still here Sley longbows are something special, and the Habu Death Adders, and what about the new Schafer longbows , and ......