HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GPS users
Thread: GPS users
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Osprey
Fork Horn

Default RE: GPS users

Ok, so what all are you going to use the GPS for?? if you looking at a basic like the 12, I asume it will be used for mostly hunting or fishing? just marking spots and finding your way back that sort of thing?? anyway if this is the case, the one I would recomend is the garmin 72. it is a newer unit by garmin, been around for probably a little over a year now I think... anyway that is the unit that replaced the 12... it is slightly larger, just a little bit wider than the 12.. but it has a higher res. and a slightly larger screen.. plus because of the 76 style case it's in it also floats... and it has the increased accuracy of W.A.A.S. that the 12 does not... and it retails for only 10 bucks more than what the 12 did... another plus is that after playing around with just about every single garmin and magellen hand held unit made in the last couple of years, I believe it is by far the easiest to use unit probably ever... especially if you are new to using a gps. if you are used to a different format it might be a little harder to get the hang of... but overall I think for a basic unit you really can't beat the Garmin 72...