HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This years dink
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This years dink

Thanks guys, I don't know if you can see the G-3 on the left side but it was broken off and it also had a 2" tear in its right ear from a fight a day or two prior to me getting it. I also saw this one during bow traveling with a 5 pointer that I wanted but I could never pull him out of the thickets. Seeing bucks aren't really too difficult, but like everyone else you try to hold out till the last moment in hopes to pop a bigger one. Its just dissapointing seeing bigger ones and like a dipship, hold in waiting for a bigger one. Dugh!!

Aught six, the gun is a Remington 700 30-06 with Wialliams sights using 180 gr. corelokts. Double lung shot, went 50 yrds and drowned in its own blood. I know 180's are an over kill but I use them for elk or bear so its a pain to change back and forth all the time. I should of been using my 870 with slugs because my furthest shot may have been 70 yrds and thick as heck.

Mow em down, I'm going to be selfish and keep em, I know you guys in Virginia have no shortage of deer.
Thanks guys, Bobby