HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Well, I took the plunge....Ordered a
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well, I took the plunge....Ordered a

Bowhuntr,
The ZE MIGHT work.......it relies on slide travel for it's entire function and the Liberty has the SHORTEST slide travel I've seen on any bow due to the small distance the limb tips travel. Slide travel on the Liberty is under 1" and that's not enough to run the Zero Effect effectively.......crossing the string/cable above the slide will give you 3/8" more travel which might still not be quite enough travel plus it puts the string at a wicked angle to the idler and could concievably cause it to jump track......that would be bad.[:-]

Don't worry about your arrow length........I shoot the TT rest at 30" draw and my arrows are 28.75" from nock groove to insert and I still have room to the launcher. No need for 31" long arrows. Most any conventional rest that sits near the back edge of the shelf should allow around a 29" shaft, which is a nice stable length.
You need to remove all traces of the "Overdraw Mentality" you don't need short arrows to gain speed anymore. Too many quality arrows at all sorts of weights in your correct spine that you don't ever need to consider an overdraw again.

If you like that Sightmaster style sight check out the HHA Optimizer Lite sights........same principle but less bulky and different aperture options. You might like them.