HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech camo film dip problem
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 11:41 AM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech camo film dip problem

I think its more a problem with the dip material itself than a specific company or process........My Mathews and Hoyt Tec bows experienced the same thing. Its definitely a different process from what we saw on bows 10 years ago with painted risers. I think its the price you pay for photo realistic camo patterns. BowTech doesn't do anything different from any other bow company that has their risers film dipped. Modern dipping is great looking but it just isn't extremely durable with a constant rubbing.
The way you carry your bow will also determine how well the dip holds up on the front of the grip.......if you carry the bow upside down by the grip (Front of the riser in your palm) the acids and oils on your hand rubbing constantly is going to wear out ANY film dip.
I saw a Mathews Q2 the other day that was bare in front of the grip. My 2003 Pat Dually showed a lot of wear as well because I shot it for 3D a bit as well on hot sweaty summer days as hunting, and I carry my bow exactly like I described.
Until a company comes up with a better dipping material or a photo realistic anodizing process grip wear will always be a problem on any bow.

Could you imagine a photo realistic anodized riser!? How cool would that be?
I must admit that my favortie camo risers were the Hoyts such as those found on the Hoyt Striker before they too went to dipping.