HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hybrid Cam??? Dual Cam???
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2004, 06:17 AM
Straightarrow

Default RE: Hybrid Cam??? Dual Cam???

I can't give you the intricate details of a hybrid cam, but I will say they are not all the same. The Merlin Hunter's Quest with Omega cam (hybrid) is the quietest bow I've ever heard, and I've heard most of them. Looking at the Omega cam, there a some hash marks that the cable should fall between. It's a fairly wide range and slight string creep will not put the cams out of time as easily. I have to agree with several others on this forum, that hybrids are probably going to be the "cam of choice" for most bow makers, for the near future. Darton has made this fine system for several years and are just now getting the recognition they derserve for developing this technology. Hoyt brought it to the forefront of recognition and companies like Merlin, Martin and Champion have already brought their own design on board. Refinements have made some of the bows shooting these, very quiet. I'm sure that many other tweaks to the design will give us a wide range of hybrid cams, to suit most preferences.