HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hybrid Cam??? Dual Cam???
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 08:19 PM
walks with a gimp

Default RE: Hybrid Cam??? Dual Cam???

I've owned a Darton Maverick and a Yukon and still have my wife's Yukon SD. No matter what, you will still have to twist something on any bow to get it within the recomended specs to perform correctly. The CPS system is smooth but a little stiff and buss cable wear might be a problem on some bows because it's the only one cable to handle the load. The buss cable track is usually a pretty severe design to get usually more limb tip movement than a single cam, thus potentially more wear over the tight bends of the cam. Duals have two buss cables to share the load and usually produce more limb tip movement and store more energy than most single cam and hybrids. The single cam bow has one buss and one very long string that can tend to stretch more than the other cam designs. As with any current cam design, the new modern string materials available and new techniques to build them can go a long way in not having to adjust for string or cable stretch after initial break-in. Single cam bows are generally quieter followed by hybrids or dual cams , depending on the design. My current dual cam bows are better shooters and quieter than my hybrids that I owned though not as quiet as my single cam bows.