HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wierd
Thread: wierd
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Legacy357

Default wierd

well it was so warm in pa today for jan(like lower 60s), i went hunting in the morning and only saw a fox and heard some turkeys. well i head back home and decide to get the dirt bike out and go for a ride on a nice church property near my house. well as i am going through the woods i see about 12-15 deer and one decent buck. i then find the largest rub i have ever seen. this thing was on a tree about 7 inch diameter and u could see where he was even hitting another sapling right next to that tree. well i just kept on going and i got to a gate and right in the road before the gate was a nice buck head. only the head and antlers, a real nice 8 point. i couldn't really figure out why it was there but it was rotting pretty bad. i don't know who would just leave a nice head there like that so i go the hack saw out and took the horns. i mean it didn't look like anyone else was looking it for or even wanted it so i have a nice set of horns now. my question is who would do this and why? who knows...just though i would tell u guys