HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Utterly discustisting
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Ol Gutshot

Default RE: Utterly discustisting

There is a vast diffrence between people taking the meat for the family because they are poor than poaching for horns. It happens around here too. The 1% of evil doers screws it up for the rest of us. Funny story though. A guy shot a monster hog a month ago, got his picture in the small town paper and everything, then cut off the head and dumped it on a county road. Well some one reported it and they were able to identify the animal and thus the culprit BY THE PICTURE FROM THE NEWSPAPER!!! Moron. He probably shot the damn thing legally, but same difference. He's in deep doo-doo, jail time probably. I saw a guy once beat a black buck to death caught in a high fence with a cedar stave to take home to his 6 kids. Some one called the game warden on him and the game warden investigated and let him off because a.) it's not native and had gotten loose and was on public property, and b.) the guy was destitue and just wanted meat for his family. I didn't tell him I had heard black buck is almost inedible. . . . I take orders from some of my laborers and try and burn up my doe tags for them, or get them hogs. One buck worth of meat will last me all year. I paid to have some processed this year and gave some to the Hunter's for the Hungry charity. I won't shoot it unless I eat it. Coyotes excluded. That's why I don't dove hunt even though I have great bird hunting at my house. I don't own a decent shotgun. I lease the bird hunting out.