Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Utterly discustisting

Old 12-28-2003, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default Utterly discustisting

Had a fellow here in town that fed deer year round to enjoy and photo. He had a real nice buck that came up every evening close to his home (almost tame). Right after gun season came in, he stopped seeing the buck. He was out on his propety rambling and found the body laying out with the head cut off about half way down the neck. He showed me some pics of the body and had turned some more over to the DNR. To my knowledge, they haven't caught the b@$t@rd yet. I'll post if they do. Crap like that makes me sick!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Utterly discustisting

Poachers are about as low as they get. Yuck.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:35 PM

Here in my area of West Virginia we have a serious problem with head hunters, they kill every buck they see, usually by spotlight and cut the heads off. I really enjoy seeing these go to jail.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

fireman3fan............. May need to get some of your guys to come down here to help out on catching them. I'd like to see the same thing done to them they done to the deer. What enjoyment could something like this be for someone? Probably the same ones you hear about torturing cats and dogs. The gentleman whose propety this happened on said he might have been more understanding if they had of taken the meat as well, but this is just sick.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:54 PM

yep, if they are going to take the head, they should take the whole deer.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:01 PM

Pork Chop, I agree with your reply, however, isn't that like saying that a murderer should only shoot the person once, instead of pumping 10 shots into the victim?
If poachers need the meat as bad as some say they do, they could easily take deer legally and do so like the rest of us do. Poachers kill deer illegally, and that is just wrong no matter what they do with the deer's body afterwards.
Once a poacher kills a deer illegally, then I guess the next best thing would be to take the entire deer and use the meat, but there's still a dead deer that should still be alive. Man they just burn me up...
Old 12-28-2003, 09:03 PM

i may hunt with people that push the time of sunrise but they know the land and where the yards and cattle are i still feel safe, and the big thing, every one i know is the same way, you kill it you eat it or skin it and sell it (coyotes) we dont have much for bucks but have does coming out our ears and thats what we eat
Old 12-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

I was raised that if you kill it, you eat it. Don't kill more than you need. We have a very liberal bag limit here in Bama and I know a lot of guys that will kill deer and then try and find someone to give it to. This also chaps my a$$. I wish they would at least find the people in advance that need the meat. We don't have any processors close that participate in FHFH.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep, if they are going to take the head, they should take the whole deer
Well they did with my buck,they took the whole deer out of my truck.

Poachers, road killers and wild life thieves should all be given the big needle if you ask me.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:06 PM

There is a vast diffrence between people taking the meat for the family because they are poor than poaching for horns. It happens around here too. The 1% of evil doers screws it up for the rest of us. Funny story though. A guy shot a monster hog a month ago, got his picture in the small town paper and everything, then cut off the head and dumped it on a county road. Well some one reported it and they were able to identify the animal and thus the culprit BY THE PICTURE FROM THE NEWSPAPER!!! Moron. He probably shot the damn thing legally, but same difference. He's in deep doo-doo, jail time probably. I saw a guy once beat a black buck to death caught in a high fence with a cedar stave to take home to his 6 kids. Some one called the game warden on him and the game warden investigated and let him off because a.) it's not native and had gotten loose and was on public property, and b.) the guy was destitue and just wanted meat for his family. I didn't tell him I had heard black buck is almost inedible. . . . I take orders from some of my laborers and try and burn up my doe tags for them, or get them hogs. One buck worth of meat will last me all year. I paid to have some processed this year and gave some to the Hunter's for the Hungry charity. I won't shoot it unless I eat it. Coyotes excluded. That's why I don't dove hunt even though I have great bird hunting at my house. I don't own a decent shotgun. I lease the bird hunting out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.