HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crimson Talon
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2003, 08:17 PM
Kyle3
Fork Horn

Default Crimson Talon

Hey guys, tonight I got my second doe of the year with the crimson talon head. I shoot 100 grain crimson talons with a 29'' pse 400 series carbon arrow out of my hoyt. I am just writing to say how dissapointed I was with the head. I am never buying another pack again. The shot tonight was at 2 yards and you guys won't be very pleased with my shot selection but it was a humane kill, I took her right between the skull and the neck where they meet. This was my only possible shot as she was walking in a straight line towards me and looked like she wasn't going to ever give me a shot. From 22 feet up she didnt' stand much of a chance. She just dropped in her tracks, but when I went down to get her I looked at the arrow still stckin out of her and with a lot of work was able to pull it outa the bone, and realized there was absolutlely nothing left of the blades, the only thing left was the chisel tip. I coudldn't believe that for 11 dollars a piece they held up this terrible, or am I wrong in expecting more from these heads. Sorry about the post, I just needed to vent.

Kyle