HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2003, 07:49 AM
Kodiakhuntmaster2
Spike

Default RE: NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

I just think someone is stealing your deer.

As for the ethics, I've shot deer while standing by my truck. If you're hunting for meat then I don't see anything wrong with being opportunistic about getting a doe for the freezer. That's not saying that I condone getting a deer illegaly, but as long as you are out of the truck and at least the minimum distance from the road then it was legal. Assuming of course that you just posted the time you shot it at wrong and it was during the legal sunrise time. And you were wearing you're state's minimum requirement for blaze orange.

Anyway, you may want to check around for other people's tracks in addition to deer tracks next time you look around for those deer. It sounds odd but I've known of a few people who have had deer (even does) stolen. You may want to think about swiching to a bigger gun to anchor you're deer more consistantly. If you are used to a 30-30 then I would use a .444, That seems to work better on deer than even the 45-70 for some reason. At least go up to the .35 rem. I used a 30-30 for years, but it isn't exactly famous for dropping deer in thier tracks.