HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ALBIA - sad story!!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 08:57 PM
captain backstrap

Default ALBIA - sad story!!

Hey everybody! I'm new, this is my first thread , but just a story you might can relate to - and maybe not.

I live in eastern Oklahoma. I worked at a place where my job was customer service for a huge industrial supply wholesaler. Anyways, one of my customers that I got to know well over the phone was a lady in Davenport, IA. Once she got to know me and that I loved to bowhunt, She told me her uncle had a farm on the outskirts of Albia, Ia and that she had talked to him and I could come up and bowhunt if I wanted to. She also said that he told her he had seen a giant buck a few times and that noone else really bowhunted the place. Of course , I'd have to apply for tags and such , which I didn't ever get around to. What could possibly be that great in Albia Iowa anyhow?? I'd never heard of the place. Anyhow,that was a couple years ago. Should I shoot myself now or later??

Also, does anyone agree with me that the Lovstuen buck looked better two years ago?? I don't get too picky when they are that big, I just thought it looked better then. Anyone agree?? - captain backstrap.