HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What to look for in a Tree Stand?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 05:34 AM
dkbs
Fork Horn

Default RE: What to look for in a Tree Stand?

Sometimes its best to spend a bit more and be satisfied. But if this is the first one then you really aren't probably sure of what you prefer in a stand. And visiting a forum for advice is a good first step.
I have bowhunted forever,well almost, but have used many stands. I believe that you can't go wrong with a lone wolf. They are pricey but what I've seen they are well worth it.
Having said that, I've never climbed with a lone wolf. I just got my climber last night. This weekend its going bowhunting. But looking at it and putting it on my back, it is a nice stand. I've tried the hang on lone wolf and its a great stand as well.
A lot of the guys on this forum like the summit. I have one, a climber, its a piece of junk. Only once did it go bowhunting, because it creaks when I shift weight on the stand. But, to summits credit, I looked at the new summits at gander mountain and they are made better than mine. The new ones have cross members that are made of triangular tube and mine were made of cheap lightweight channel. Even though mine was purchased only a few years ago for over $200. The name summit is like a bad taste in my mouth, the worst $200. plus I've ever spent on hunting gear.

Happy Hunting
Dan