SportsmanNH
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JW
Anybody using the new STS.?

Looking for feedback.

Thanks
JW
Did you mean SST ? Or FTX ? No such thing as a Hornady bullet as STS

So if you meant SST , I use them in all my slug guns , both in 20ga and 12ga . Super accurate in every rifled barrel slug gun I own .

Never tried the FTX or SST's Muzzle Loader projectiles , but they look interesting . The FTX is made on almost the same design as Powerbelts with the Aerotip . Now I used to use the Powerbelt Aerotip . Very accurate in my 2 TC Encores . But I fount they dont expand very well if they dont hit bone . So now I use the Powerbelt hollow points , and they do their job very well .. The hollow points expand like they should with a nice exit hole and a plenty big wound channel . Didn't even have to do any resighting in when I switched . They fly identical to the aerotips.

I have used the Hornady 50cal 240gr XTP's . They are brutal on a deer. An exceptional wound channel with major knock down power. Some exit holes were the size of a silver dollar . Deadly accurate too I might add . I can keep 3 shots in a bulls eye the size of a quarter at 100 yards . The only reason I dont use them is it takes longer to reload . But they are superior to the powerbelts in wound channel . Accuracy is just slightly better than the powerbelt . But Im talking 3 shots the size of a quarter for the XTP and 3 shot inside a 2 inch bulls eye for the power belt . But I can reload the power belt more than twice as fast as the XTP because of the sabot sleeve .

If you are using BH209 with magnum primers , dont bother using power belts . The fast ignition blows past around the bullet . I use the pyrodex pellets and they work like a charm with both the power belts and the XTP's . From what I understand you need to use a bullet with a sabot sleeve when using BH209 . It even says that on their manual.

Last edited by SportsmanNH; 09-25-2022 at 06:40 AM.