HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nontyp antlers show off / Abroad shipping help
Old 07-06-2022, 10:45 AM
Solar
Spike

Default Nontyp antlers show off / Abroad shipping help

Howdy I bought these a little bit ago for £200 ($240) being European I believe I got a mighty deal on these I would say! (Purchased in europe)
(And If anyone can share the average price of these antlers I would love that, I measured them very roughly 240")

I was intending on purchasing replacement burrs + a cape, But I've learned since then that America has interesting export laws regarding Antlers, Bones and taxidermy I am assuming on a federal level.
Where to export any taxidermy outside the country a It requires a license and shipping to a dedicated port for an Inspection ($90-ish, is it $60 per hour? that's what I was told) and proper forms then Its ready to be shipped out.
Has anyone dealt with this first hand as a Individual and not a company? I've been told Its tedious but not Impossible I have a friend that offered to do a shipment this year if she can get ahold of the license for a nice big shipment of skulls for my personal collection.

I dont mind paying the fee! I just cant find much information on it being on a European based IP! and when she's doing it for free I want to make it easy as possible for her.
She offered to ship me a Mule, Whitetail, Pronghorn skull (and I'll probably ask for a coyote pelt/skull too) too buy everything here Individually It would be about £1500, so I really dont mind spending £200-250 for the box and export fee obviously! a chance at a few things I want without selling an organ...

Attached Images