HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Trophy Ridge sights?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 09:13 AM
ampahunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sights?

I have used the Flatliner, Matrix and now the Steel Tech Micro Matrix with .029' (.019 option) fiber optics. I have had my share of 'problems' also. Windage & elevation movement, tightening I stripped the threads in the elevation hex bar, (steel pin Micro Matrix) then on examination noticed that the screw could have been longer as it only threaded in about 3~4 rotations. TR replaced part, free of charge and I used a longer socket cap screw (I provided) which screwed all the way thru. I have also changed the length of the screw for the windage adjustment. I do not use the wingnuts provided with the sights, I feel these are part of the problem. I also broke the 20 yard pin on my matrix, my fault, got caught in a tiny branch on the way to my stand, I paid for this replacement and now use a sock over my sights in and out from my stand. The pins adjustments are quickly & easily done and the camloks work well. I find the 'red' fiber optic pins disappears first in low light, the amber pins lights up the longest. On some bows centering the reflective sight ring with the peep is impossible as bows vary in their sight window design and shelf width from the riser. The vertical inline pins are different to the horizontal pin design, but I find this difference to be a matter of personal choice. The nitro lights does 'help' to illuminate the pins a little, enough to keep you in your stand the last 1/2 hours after sunset. However if needed, the Indiglo wide range LED (PSE sight accessory) will light your pins 'all night'. But that's another story. I certainly have no need for the LED, as I'm usually out of my stand at the end of the legal shooting time, unless of course I'm locked in because of deer hanging around under my stand. The shooters bubble on the sight will help to track how vertical you're holding your bow, but you will need to align this level with your bow (riser & limbs).
I will not say that this is a bullet-proof sight. It also worth looking at the Spot Hogg 'real deal' sight--just another of my choice.