HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mobile tree platform vs fixed tree stand
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 04:21 AM
Alex34
Spike

Thumbs up Both Stands have their own Pros and Cons

Originally Posted by ma archer
Me and a friend of mine were having a debate. He swears by fixed tree stands as the best platform for deer hunting. I prefer my tree saddle because of its mobility and basically, i can go up any tree I want.

His point was that the biggest negative of my saddle was that it takes some time to set up and some noise. It takes me 20 minutes to set up and I guess makes some noise but not that much.

I never saw this as a huge negative, partially because you're always going to cause a disturbance coming in anyway. does anyone think he is right? We hunt in new England which is very thick anyway.
Both Ladder Tree Stands (Fixed) and Climbing Tree Stands (Mobile) have their own Pros & Cons. One can't say that Ladder Tree Stands are better than Climbing Tree Stands and vice versa.
If a climbing tree stand takes you 20 mins to set up, it also makes you go much higher on the tree as compared to a fixed tree stand. You can read more about the difference between the two stands and their benefits and drawbacks on this website https://thehuntingdude.com/ladder-st...ng-tree-stand/