HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mobile tree platform vs fixed tree stand
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 02:03 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by GreatWapiti
I started a "permanent" tree stand program last summer. The goal is to build 6 stands on our property using the "hub and spoke" theory. The stands are the hubs and I used a chainsaw to cut shooting lanes as the spokes. All the stands are built with good lumber and 3 inch lag bolts. This summer I plan on building stands 3 and 4. Because we built stands 1 and 2 last summer....all we need to do is trim up the shooting lanes and stands 1 and 2 will be good to go.
As others have mentioned, permanent stands keep me quieter going in and out of the woods and the animals get acclimated! I also have a 12 year old son and comfort is a big deal in keeping him engaged.
Before I had the tower stand I had two permanent stands fastened to three or four trees and I used heavt lag bolts, Because the trees sway with the wind after the 2nd year I had to replace the lag bolts with longer ones because they were getting loose and pulling out, When I got to 6 inch bolts I decided to get a tower stand. This is one of them. It was very producting but I just got tired of the constant maintance.

capital one bank in florida

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-30-2022 at 02:06 PM.