HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mobile tree platform vs fixed tree stand
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 05:46 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Wow Oldtimr that's cheating! LOL I know what you mean about getting old though. When my alarm goes off at 4;30 or 5:00 I lay there for a couple mins deciding if I really want to get up and face the cold or just stay there nice and cozy under the covers! 5 years ago it was about 80 - 20 in favor of gong out. These days it might be closer to 50-50. Most of the time my decision is based on "Alexa" when I ask her what the temperature is! And rain - ain't a chance of going out. I killed enough deer and just enjoy being out there enjoying God's creation and being comfortable doing it. ( But I can honestly say when I do force myself to go out on those frigid mornings - I'm glad I did)
One of the coolest things I'll never forget was on a very frosty morning during archery season a few years ago. It was 28* and I was up in my treestand when this 8 pointer came trotting in I guess looking for a hot doe. He stopped at 20 yards facing me and had vapor coming out his nose on an angle. Reminded me of a fire breathing dragon in the movies. He turned and walked past my stand giving me a perfect broadside shot. After the hit he only ran 35-40 yards and fell over.