HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bears--Got Enough Pistol??
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 02:02 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
My own experiences and the expieriences of 3 generations of bear hunters, I need no more than that, but we do not conclude how hard bears are to kill from poor shooting!
so your basing your views on your experiences just as I have, yet you claim I am wrong and you are right?
that isn;'t a FACT!

and I fully agree any animal hit poorly doesn't show anything other than a BAD hit
BUT if were going to claim bears are easier to kill than deer, then ,. YES< a poor hit on a bear should result in easier kill than a deer NO?/
I have tons of bear experience, in more than just hunting , I have worked with bear biologists,
I have done killing of bears in many ways too, and not just from a hunters or hunting views!
I have been part of many killings of bears from crop damage,. hunting, putting down nuisances bears, injured bears and so on! and NOT just by shooting them, either, have been part of using other means to put them down!
I will again state (IMO) I do NOT find bears any easier to kill than a deer! they have just as much will power and desire to survive as a deer does and a vital organ system that works the same way!

YES a deer MAYBE can cover more ground after taking a POOR hit, but by nature a deer is capable of covering more ground faster, due to how they can run and leap/jump
they are also a animal that is more often considered food/prey, and as such, have a habit of putting more ground between them and a perceived danger! , than a bear maybe will, , so an injured bear might NOT run as far simply , as it doesn;t feel the need to, being more or less at the top of the food chain! and not perused like a deer is!
that doesn;'t mean they die any easier!
and since this topic was some what a directed at having enough pistol for defending off a bear, and NOT hunting them,.
there is again a BIG difference in what an attacking animal has going on, than a calm one unaware of a hunter hunting it!.
I f you wish to say bears are NOT hard to kill as a FACT
go talk to some of the folks that were attached by one and see what there opinion is?
I gather it won;'t be they were easy to kill!, or none of the folks I TALKED to personally would say so!, as I have actually talked to folks that were attacked!